CANADA IMMIGRATION SERVICES
Express Entry System
From January 2015 onwards, skilled foreign workers who are planning to apply to any of Canada's economic immigration programs can benefit from the use of Express Entry an electronic application management system.
The software will help apply to:
• Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP);
• Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP);
• A part of the Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP).
• Canadian Experience Class (CEC); and,
• Express Entry should not be regarded as a new immigration program; it is a new way for CIC to manage the online economic immigration applications.
• The program gives employers access to a list of skilled foreign nationals who they can take into consideration for a permanent position in • case they are unable to find someone who is a Canadian or permanent resident to fill up the job.
• For potential skilled foreign workers, the system will lead to faster processing time.
The Easy Application Process: Candidate
Step 1: Submission of the profile
• Prospective candidates will have to submit an Express Entry profile online.
• The candidates who qualify within the criteria of one of the immigration programs will become a part of the Express Entry pool.
• Applicants will be analyzed using a skills based ranking system that will judge:
• Language proficiency
• Work experience
• Other things that may help them contribute to the country
• During this step, skills will be self-declared on the basis of the test results
• Candidates will also have to promote themselves
• They will required to make their presence felt in the Express Entry pool by staying in touch with recruiting companies, being part of on job boards, take part in job fairs, and contact Canadian employers directly
• Registering with Job Bank is also a prerequisite
Express Entry Pool
• Every candidate in the Express Entry pool will be allocated a score as per their education, skills, and experience
• The profiles of the Candidates can remain within the Express Entry pool for up to an year
• Once one year completes, the candidate will be requested to resubmit their profile
• Also, applicants can change or update their profiles during any time if the circumstances change
• Applicants in the pool will be given a ranking against others according to their score
• Citizenship and Immigration Canada will pull those applicants that are ranked highest at a particular time from the Express Entry pool
Step 2: ITA or Invitation to Apply
Applicants with a provincial/territorial nomination or job offer will be offered additional points to make sure they are taken from the pool
They will be given an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for a PR in Canada;
Interested candidates will have approximately 2 months to submit their detailed electronic application for PR
Once applied, CIC will validate the eligibility and admissibility criteria of the candidate
Express Entry candidates will have the benefit of reduced processing time